LG Elec says aims to sell 5 million 3D TVs in 2011
SEOUL (Reuters) - South Korea's LG Electronics Inc (066570.KS), the world's No.2 TV manufacturer, said on Wednesday that it aims to sell 5 million 3D televisions in 2011 as part of its overall sales target of 40 million flat-screen TVs.
The company, which competes with rival Samsung Electronics Co Ltd (005930.KS) and Japan's Sony Corp (6758.T), said it was also seeking to control 20 percent of the global market for smart TVs, at an event to introduce a 3D TV model.
(Reporting by Miyoung Kim; Editing by Chris Lewis)
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine