LG Elec says aims to sell 5 million 3D TVs in 2011
SEOUL (Reuters) - South Korea's LG Electronics Inc (066570.KS), the world's No.2 TV manufacturer, said on Wednesday that it aims to sell 5 million 3D televisions in 2011 as part of its overall sales target of 40 million flat-screen TVs.
The company, which competes with rival Samsung Electronics Co Ltd (005930.KS) and Japan's Sony Corp (6758.T), said it was also seeking to control 20 percent of the global market for smart TVs, at an event to introduce a 3D TV model.
(Reporting by Miyoung Kim; Editing by Chris Lewis)
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |