Fed's Bernanke says backs financial reforms
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke said the Fed supports the sweeping Dodd-Frank financial regulatory overhaul and is moving swiftly to put its provisions into action.
"Dodd-Frank is a major step forward for financial regulation in the United States," Bernanke said in congressional testimony obtained by Reuters on Wednesday.
Bernanke is due to speak about regulation before the Senate Banking committee on Thursday. His prepared text made no mention of the outlook for the economy or monetary policy.
(Reporting by Mark Felsenthal)
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand