Bahrain trade union calls strike from Sunday
MANAMA (Reuters) - The main trade union in Bahrain, rocked by anti-government unrest this week, has called for a strike from Sunday, a member of an airline trade union said.
"The Gulf Air trade union has told its members that the General Union of Bahraini Workers has called for a strike from February 20," said a Gulf Air employee who asked not to be named.
Gulf Air is the Bahrain flag carrier. Officials from the airline could not immediately be reached for comment.
(Reporting by Cynthia Johnston, writing by Alistair Lyon; Editing by Angus MacSwan)
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media