- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- UK fighters escort Pakistan plane to airport, two arrests
- Arizona jury foreman says believed Jodi Arias was abused
- Judge rules against 'America's toughest sheriff' in racial profiling lawsuit
- Stockholm calmer but violence spreads outside Swedish capital |
Bahrain trade union calls strike from Sunday
MANAMA (Reuters) - The main trade union in Bahrain, rocked by anti-government unrest this week, has called for a strike from Sunday, a member of an airline trade union said.
"The Gulf Air trade union has told its members that the General Union of Bahraini Workers has called for a strike from February 20," said a Gulf Air employee who asked not to be named.
Gulf Air is the Bahrain flag carrier. Officials from the airline could not immediately be reached for comment.
(Reporting by Cynthia Johnston, writing by Alistair Lyon; Editing by Angus MacSwan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this