Libya Arab League envoy resigns - Al Jazeera
TRIPOLI Feb 20 (Reuters) - Libya's representative to the Arab League has tendered his resignation in protest to "oppression against protesters", Al Jazeera's Mubasher (live) channel reported on Sunday.
It gave no other details in its initial report.
The unrest in the city of Benghazi, the worst in Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi's four decades in power, started as a series of protests inspired by popular revolts in neighbouring Egypt and Tunisia, but has been met by a fierce response. (Reporting by Souhail Karam in Rabat; Writing by Marie-Louise Gumuchian; Editing by Jon Boyle)
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source