Suez Canal says Iran navy ships passage delayed
ISMAILIA, Egypt (Reuters) - The passage of two Iranian naval vessels through the Suez Canal has been delayed by 48 hours, a canal official said on Sunday.
The frigate and supply ship had been due to enter the canal with the northbound convoy that moves daily at 6 a.m. (0400 GMT) on Monday.
The passage through the canal would be a first for Iranian naval vessels since Iran's 1979 Islamic revolution.
(Editing by Jon Boyle)
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data