Malaysia's AMMB says to buy Islamic banking unit for 1.3 bln rgt
KUALA LUMPUR Feb 21 (Reuters) - AMMB Holdings Bhd said:
* Says to buy 100 percent of Islamic banking unit from AmBank (M) Bhd, another unit, for 1.3 billion ringgit ($428.5 million).
* Says proposed acquisition part of group's ongoing capital management strategy to enable it to address the impact of the planned introduction of new capital regulation under Basel 3, and to streamline the group's shareholding structure.
* Says proposed acquisition will be funded by internally generated funds.
($1 = 3.034 Malaysian Ringgit) (Reporting by Kuala Lumpur newsroom)
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media