STXNEWS LATAM-Chile stocks extend slide amid Middle East unrest
Chile stocks closed lower for a fifth straight day, as unrest in the Middle East shook investor confidence in trading thinned by a U.S. holiday. [ID:nN21219082] Santiago's blue-chip IPSA stock index .IPSA lost 0.6 percent, shedding more than 4 percent since closing a week prior.
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video |
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |
- U.S. aid workers who survived Ebola leave Atlanta hospital |
- National Guard to withdraw from riot-torn Ferguson, Missouri |