STXNEWS LATAM-Chile stocks extend slide amid Middle East unrest
Chile stocks closed lower for a fifth straight day, as unrest in the Middle East shook investor confidence in trading thinned by a U.S. holiday. [ID:nN21219082] Santiago's blue-chip IPSA stock index .IPSA lost 0.6 percent, shedding more than 4 percent since closing a week prior.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Bitter cold, ice slam U.S. East Coast; South still freezing
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote