Oil producers meet in Riyadh to discuss Libya-Italy govt source
ROME Feb 22 (Reuters) - Oil producing countries met informally in Riyadh on Tuesday to discuss a possible OPEC meeting to consider increased production because of the Libya crisis, an Italian government source told Reuters on Tuesday.
The source said the oil producers were worried by the activity of price speculators.
"There are informal meetings of oil producing countries under way in Riyadh to evaluate the situation ... and decide whether to call an official meeting of OPEC to discuss whether to increase production," the source said.
(Reporting by Alberto Sisto)
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Cortege departs to take Mandela's body to lie in state |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- UPDATE 2-U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Thai 'red shirts' prepare rally to back PM against protesters