Oil producers meet in Riyadh to discuss Libya-Italy govt source
ROME Feb 22 (Reuters) - Oil producing countries met informally in Riyadh on Tuesday to discuss a possible OPEC meeting to consider increased production because of the Libya crisis, an Italian government source told Reuters on Tuesday.
The source said the oil producers were worried by the activity of price speculators.
"There are informal meetings of oil producing countries under way in Riyadh to evaluate the situation ... and decide whether to call an official meeting of OPEC to discuss whether to increase production," the source said.
(Reporting by Alberto Sisto)
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- CIA accused of spying on U.S. Senate intelligence committee