Shell completes staff withdrawal from Libya
AMSTERDAM Feb 22 (Reuters) - Oil major Royal Dutch Shell said on Tuesday that all its expat employees and their dependants in Libya, involved primarily in the company's exploration activities in the country, had been relocated.
"Given the continuing uncertainty in Libya, Shell's expatriate staff have now been temporarily relocated. Shell offices remain closed, and business continuity plans are in place," a Shell spokeswoman said.
The spokeswoman did not say how the evacuations took place. (Reporting by Greg Roumeliotis; Editing by Will Waterman)
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |