- Survivors pulled from Oklahoma tornado debris as toll falls |
- Analysis: Some Republicans see new scandal in Sebelius fundraising
- Convicted U.S. killer Arias would join tiny death row group
- Drop in U.S. underground water levels has accelerated -USGS
- Israel fires back at Syria after gunshots at its troops
A huge tornado tears through the Oklahoma City suburb of Moore, killing dozens. Slideshow
Libyan security minister defects: report
RABAT (Reuters) - Libya's Interior Minister Abdel Fattah Younes al Abidi has announced his defection and support for the "February 17 revolution," news channel Al Jazeera reported on Tuesday.
The channel aired amateur video footage that showed Abidi sitting at his desk and reading a statement that also urged the Libyan army to join the people and their "legitimate demands."
"I hereby announce that I have abandoned all my duties to respond to the February 17 revolution based on my total conviction and the legitimacy of their claims ... I urge the Libyan army to ... serve the people and support the February 17 revolution."
(Reporting by Souhail Karam)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this