Daihatsu Indonesia's unit says to invest 2.1 trln rph in new car factory
JAKARTA Feb 23 (Reuters) - PT Astra Daihatsu Motor, a unit of Japan's Daihatsu , will invest 2.1 trillion rupiah to build new car factory with a capacity of 100,000 units in Indonesia, the firm said in a statement on Wednesday.
The firm expects production to start by end of 2012 and the factory will be located in East Karawang, West Java province, it said.
The statement confirmed an earlier report by Nikkei, which also said Daihatsu was considering a low-cost car in Indonesia. (Reporting by Fathiya Dahrul)
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- As Modi storms into India's election, a quiet alternative emerges
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |