Daihatsu Indonesia's unit says to invest 2.1 trln rph in new car factory
JAKARTA Feb 23 (Reuters) - PT Astra Daihatsu Motor, a unit of Japan's Daihatsu , will invest 2.1 trillion rupiah to build new car factory with a capacity of 100,000 units in Indonesia, the firm said in a statement on Wednesday.
The firm expects production to start by end of 2012 and the factory will be located in East Karawang, West Java province, it said.
The statement confirmed an earlier report by Nikkei, which also said Daihatsu was considering a low-cost car in Indonesia. (Reporting by Fathiya Dahrul)
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data