Daihatsu Indonesia's unit says to invest 2.1 trln rph in new car factory
JAKARTA Feb 23 (Reuters) - PT Astra Daihatsu Motor, a unit of Japan's Daihatsu , will invest 2.1 trillion rupiah to build new car factory with a capacity of 100,000 units in Indonesia, the firm said in a statement on Wednesday.
The firm expects production to start by end of 2012 and the factory will be located in East Karawang, West Java province, it said.
The statement confirmed an earlier report by Nikkei, which also said Daihatsu was considering a low-cost car in Indonesia. (Reporting by Fathiya Dahrul)
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Gaza toll nears 100, Israel to counter rockets 'with all power' |
- Texas mass murder suspect collapses in court as crime recounted
- Ukraine says rebels will pay as missiles kill 23 soldiers |
- British 'Harry Potter' actor David Legeno found dead in U.S. park