Occidental evacuates foreign workers from Libya
NEW YORK Feb 23 (Reuters) - Occidental Petroleum Corp (OXY.N) evacuated all of its expatriate employees and their families from Libya on Wednesday in reaction to the unrest in the country, a company spokesman said.
"Our Libya production continues with operations managed by Oxy's Libyan national employees and contractors, though Libya provides less than 2 percent of Oxy's total worldwide production," the spokesman said.
Occidental's share of production from Libya in 2010 was 13,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. (Reporting by Jeffrey Kerr; Editing by Dale Hudson)
- Study of smoking cancer patients fuels e-cigarette debate
- Alibaba IPO ranks as world's biggest after additional shares sold
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian town, refugees flood into Turkey |
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear program
- Accused White House intruder is decorated Iraq war veteran