RPT-Dior suspends Galliano pending racism inquiry
PARIS Feb 25 (Reuters) - Christian Dior (DIOR.PA) has suspended star fashion designer John Galliano pending an inquiry into allegedly anti-Semitic remarks, it said on Friday.
Galliano was escorted home by French police late on Thursday after a drinking session that ended with him hurling insults at a couple, according to a police source. [ID:nLDE71O0QP]
"Dior affirms with the utmost conviction its policy of zero tolerance towards any antisemitic or racist words or behaviour," Dior Chief Executive Sidney Toledano said in a statement.
"Pending the results of the inquiry, Christian Dior has suspended John Galliano from his responsibilities," the fashion house, part of billionaire Bernard Arnault's LVMH (LVMH.PA) luxury empire, said in the statement. (Reporting by Lionel Laurent; Editing by James Regan)
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data