Libya's prosecutor general says joins opposition
CAIRO Feb 25 (Reuters) - Libyan Prosecutor General Abdul-Rahman al-Abbar said on Friday he had resigned and joined the opposition seeking to oust Muammar al-Gaddafi.
"I announce for certain the submission of my resignation from the position of prosecutor general in Libya and announce my joining the will of the Libyan people as represented by the Feb. 17 revolution of the youth," he said on Al Arabiya television. (Reporting by Ali Abdelatti; Writing by Patrick Werr)
- Lost airliner was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data