Eminem overtakes Lady Gaga as most-liked on Facebook
NEW YORK (Billboard) - It's official -- Eminem is the most "liked" living artist on Facebook.
The Detroit rapper overtook Lady Gaga this week for the distinction, currently coming in at over 28,883,000 'likes' as opposed to Gaga's 28,872,000.
Eminem, 38, is currently averaging over half a million 'likes' a day, according to Famecount. At this rate, he will soon surpass Michael Jackson as the most 'liked' artist on Facebook, as the King of Pop currently sits at 29.1 million 'likes.'
However, in the broader picture of social influence, Gaga is far ahead of Eminem in terms of Twitter followers, with over 5 million more followers than he; he also goes through long dark periods. And earlier this week, the rapper reached 1 billion plays on YouTube, making him only the third artist to pull off the achievement. However, he still trails both Gaga and Justin Bieber in the category by over 190 million and 340 million plays, respectively.
(Editing by Bob Tourtellotte)
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls
Time magazine named Pope Francis as its Person of the Year, crediting him with shifting the message of the Catholic Church. Slideshow