Google to launch YouTube movie service in UK: report
(Reuters) - Google's YouTube plans to launch an unlimited subscription service for movies, similar to Netflix and Amazon's offering, the New York Post said.
The search giant, which has been talking with Hollywood studios for months, is looking to launch the streaming service first in Europe -- particularly the UK -- before expanding to the United States, the paper said citing executives briefed on the plan.
Google has earmarked $100 million for content deals with studios and other premium content providers in its plan to expand its offerings.
Google was not immediately available for comment.
(Reporting by Isheeta Sanghi)
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine