Oman health minister puts death toll from clashes at one
MUSCAT Feb 28 (Reuters) - Clashes between police and protesters killed only one person in an industrial port town on Sunday, Oman's health minister told Reuters on Monday, disputing a report that six people had died.
"It is only one," Ahmed bin Mohammed al-Saidi said, adding that 20 people were wounded. He said police used rubber bullets, not live ammunition as some witnesses have said.
An emergency room doctor at Sohar's main state hospital had said that six people had died. (Writing by Cynthia Johnston)
- 'Good night': Haunting final contact from missing Malaysian jet |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- North Korea fires 25 short-range and obsolete rockets: South Korea
- France bans Monsanto GM maize ahead of sowing season