Mizuho to buy hedge fund research firm Eurekahedge
TOKYO, March 3
TOKYO, March 3 (Reuters) - Mizuho Financial Group (8411.T) said on Thursday it has agreed to buy hedge fund research firm Eurekahedge.
Mizuho, Japan's second-largest bank, is seeking to expand its asset management business.
The bank did not disclose terms of the deal, but a source said its core unit Mizuho Corporate Bank has agreed to pay $20-30 million to acquire a 95 percent stake in the Singapore-based firm from the owner. (Reporting by Taiga Uranaka; Editing by Michael Watson)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- N.Korea says imprisoned American tried to become 'second Snowden'
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |