China CIC official: emerging markets a bad investment
BEIJING, March 4
BEIJING, March 4 (Reuters) - It is not a good time to invest in emerging markets partly because of the inflationary pressure building up in them, a senior executive with China's sovereign wealth fund said on Friday.
Jesse Wang, an executive vice president with China Investment Corp (CIC) [CIC.UL}, told reporters that oil prices will stay at high levels and harm the global economic recovery.
Wang was speaking on the sidelines of a meeting of an advisory body to the Chinese parliament. (Aileen Wang and Zhou Xin; Editing by Simon Rabinovitch)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter