China CIC official: emerging markets a bad investment
BEIJING, March 4
BEIJING, March 4 (Reuters) - It is not a good time to invest in emerging markets partly because of the inflationary pressure building up in them, a senior executive with China's sovereign wealth fund said on Friday.
Jesse Wang, an executive vice president with China Investment Corp (CIC) [CIC.UL}, told reporters that oil prices will stay at high levels and harm the global economic recovery.
Wang was speaking on the sidelines of a meeting of an advisory body to the Chinese parliament. (Aileen Wang and Zhou Xin; Editing by Simon Rabinovitch)
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- New Jersey hiker killed by black bear : police
- Islamic State urges attacks on U.S., French citizens, taunts Obama
- Housing data hits Wall Street; S&P has worst day since August 5 |