China CIC official: emerging markets a bad investment
BEIJING, March 4
BEIJING, March 4 (Reuters) - It is not a good time to invest in emerging markets partly because of the inflationary pressure building up in them, a senior executive with China's sovereign wealth fund said on Friday.
Jesse Wang, an executive vice president with China Investment Corp (CIC) [CIC.UL}, told reporters that oil prices will stay at high levels and harm the global economic recovery.
Wang was speaking on the sidelines of a meeting of an advisory body to the Chinese parliament. (Aileen Wang and Zhou Xin; Editing by Simon Rabinovitch)
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |