China CIC official: emerging markets a bad investment
BEIJING, March 4
BEIJING, March 4 (Reuters) - It is not a good time to invest in emerging markets partly because of the inflationary pressure building up in them, a senior executive with China's sovereign wealth fund said on Friday.
Jesse Wang, an executive vice president with China Investment Corp (CIC) [CIC.UL}, told reporters that oil prices will stay at high levels and harm the global economic recovery.
Wang was speaking on the sidelines of a meeting of an advisory body to the Chinese parliament. (Aileen Wang and Zhou Xin; Editing by Simon Rabinovitch)
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- Poroshenko to seek ceasefire after 'very tough' talks with Putin |
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media
- Gaza ceasefire holding as focus turns to longer term |
- 'Men in green' raise suspicions of east Ukrainian villagers