UPDATE 1-Libyan rebels take oil town of Ras Lanuf- rebels
AJDABIYAH, Libya, March 4 (Reuters) - Rebels drove Muammar Gaddafi's forces from Ras Lanuf on Friday and have taken the eastern oil town, two rebel soldiers told Reuters by telephone.
"We have taken Ras Lanuf 100 percent, Gaddafi's forces have all left," rebel soldier Hafez Ibrahim said from inside the town.
Rajab Zawawei said by telephone from Ras Lanuf airport: "We have taken Ras Lanuf 100 percent. We took it an hour ago."
(Reporting by Mohammed Abbas, writing by Peter Millership)
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report