UPDATE 1-Libyan rebels take oil town of Ras Lanuf- rebels
AJDABIYAH, Libya, March 4 (Reuters) - Rebels drove Muammar Gaddafi's forces from Ras Lanuf on Friday and have taken the eastern oil town, two rebel soldiers told Reuters by telephone.
"We have taken Ras Lanuf 100 percent, Gaddafi's forces have all left," rebel soldier Hafez Ibrahim said from inside the town.
Rajab Zawawei said by telephone from Ras Lanuf airport: "We have taken Ras Lanuf 100 percent. We took it an hour ago."
(Reporting by Mohammed Abbas, writing by Peter Millership)
- U.S.' Kerry voices 'regret' to India over diplomat case |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Mega Millions winning lottery tickets sold in California, Georgia |
- Medical bills underlie 60 percent of U.S. bankrupts: study