UPDATE 1-Class action against McKesson approved -law firm
NEW YORK, March 4
NEW YORK, March 4 (Reuters) - A Boston federal court has certified a class action lawsuit against McKesson Corp (MCK.N) on behalf of municipalities that sued the drug distributor in 2008 for alleged drug overcharges, plaintiff lawyers said on Friday.
The court certified the class action on Friday, three years after a number of cities, states and other municipalities alleged in a lawsuit that they overpaid McKesson for hundreds of prescription drugs because of a price-inflation scheme, the Seattle law firm of Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro said in a release.
Neither McKesson nor court officials could immediately be reached for comment. (Reporting by Ransdell Pierson; Editing by Gary Hill)
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Gaza toll soars as Israel 'days' from completing tunnel hunt
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- Argentina braces for market reaction to second default in 12 years