UPDATE 1-Class action against McKesson approved -law firm
NEW YORK, March 4
NEW YORK, March 4 (Reuters) - A Boston federal court has certified a class action lawsuit against McKesson Corp (MCK.N) on behalf of municipalities that sued the drug distributor in 2008 for alleged drug overcharges, plaintiff lawyers said on Friday.
The court certified the class action on Friday, three years after a number of cities, states and other municipalities alleged in a lawsuit that they overpaid McKesson for hundreds of prescription drugs because of a price-inflation scheme, the Seattle law firm of Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro said in a release.
Neither McKesson nor court officials could immediately be reached for comment. (Reporting by Ransdell Pierson; Editing by Gary Hill)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner