- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- Arizona jury foreman says believed Jodi Arias was abused
- UK fighters escort Pakistan plane to airport, two arrests
- Judge rules against 'America's toughest sheriff' in racial profiling lawsuit
- Justice Department defends journalist email search
Japan to continue Pfizer, Sanofi vaccine suspension
TOKYO, March 8 |
TOKYO, March 8 (Reuters) - Japan's health ministry said on Tuesday it would continue suspending the use of vaccines made by Pfizer Inc (PFE.N) and Sanofi-Aventis SA (SASY.PA) that prevent meningitis and pneumonia, after a meeting of an expert panel.
The ministry halted the use of the vaccines in response to the deaths of four children shortly after receiving the vaccines.
The expert panel found no clear direct link between the vaccines and the deaths but said further studies were needed, Kyodo news agency said. A health ministry official said the suspension would continue but declined to comment further. (Reporting by Chisa Fujioka; Editing by Edmund Klamann)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this