TD Securities head concerned about TMX-LSE deal
TORONTO, March 9
TORONTO, March 9 (Reuters) - TD Securities Chief Executive Bob Dorrance said he's concerned that the London Stock Exchange's (LSE.L) proposed takeover of TMX Group (X.TO) could limit Canadian companies' access to capital and hurt Canada's regulatory control over its own markets.
Dorrance was speaking at Ontario parliamentary hearings into the deal. TD Securities is the investment banking unit of Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD.TO), Canada's No. 2 lender.
"The TMX will now report to the LSE-TMX. While this has been billed as a merger of equals ... It is not," he said. (Reporting by Pav Jordan, writing by Cameron French; editing by Rob Wilson)
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand