TD Securities head concerned about TMX-LSE deal
TORONTO, March 9
TORONTO, March 9 (Reuters) - TD Securities Chief Executive Bob Dorrance said he's concerned that the London Stock Exchange's (LSE.L) proposed takeover of TMX Group (X.TO) could limit Canadian companies' access to capital and hurt Canada's regulatory control over its own markets.
Dorrance was speaking at Ontario parliamentary hearings into the deal. TD Securities is the investment banking unit of Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD.TO), Canada's No. 2 lender.
"The TMX will now report to the LSE-TMX. While this has been billed as a merger of equals ... It is not," he said. (Reporting by Pav Jordan, writing by Cameron French; editing by Rob Wilson)
- Israel knocks out Gaza power plant, digs in for long fight |
- Special Report: Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- Dozens killed in fierce fighting in eastern Ukraine
- Nigeria isolates hospital in Lagos as Obama briefed on Ebola outbreak