Shots heard near protest in Saudi oil-producing east
RIYADH, March 10
RIYADH, March 10 (Reuters) - Shots were heard near a protest in Saudi Arabia's oil-producing Eastern province on Thursday, a witness and Shi'ite activist said.
"There was firing, it was sporadic," the witness said.
The firing was interspersed with the sound of percussion bombs.
The witness said he could not see where the firing was directed at. Witnesses and activists said there were people wounded and put the number between one and four.
(Reporting by Ulf Laessing; Writing by Martina Fuchs; Editing by Martin Dokoupil)
- Scots vote on independence, United Kingdom's fate on knife-edge |
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- Islamic State shows captive British journalist in new video
- Chinese hacked U.S. military contractors: Senate panel
- China not warlike, says Xi, as border standoff dominates India trip