Shots heard near protest in Saudi oil-producing east
RIYADH, March 10
RIYADH, March 10 (Reuters) - Shots were heard near a protest in Saudi Arabia's oil-producing Eastern province on Thursday, a witness and Shi'ite activist said.
"There was firing, it was sporadic," the witness said.
The firing was interspersed with the sound of percussion bombs.
The witness said he could not see where the firing was directed at. Witnesses and activists said there were people wounded and put the number between one and four.
(Reporting by Ulf Laessing; Writing by Martina Fuchs; Editing by Martin Dokoupil)
- Abbas-led Palestinian body backs Hamas truce demands in Gaza |
- UPDATE 4-Train carrying MH17 bodies reaches government-held Ukrainian city
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake': U.S. officials
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad
- Microsoft sees end to Nokia losses, shares rise after hours