Shots heard near protest in Saudi oil-producing east
RIYADH, March 10
RIYADH, March 10 (Reuters) - Shots were heard near a protest in Saudi Arabia's oil-producing Eastern province on Thursday, a witness and Shi'ite activist said.
"There was firing, it was sporadic," the witness said.
The firing was interspersed with the sound of percussion bombs.
The witness said he could not see where the firing was directed at. Witnesses and activists said there were people wounded and put the number between one and four.
(Reporting by Ulf Laessing; Writing by Martina Fuchs; Editing by Martin Dokoupil)
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Shots fired in air during raid at Crimea naval base
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details