Shots heard near protest in Saudi oil-producing east
RIYADH, March 10
RIYADH, March 10 (Reuters) - Shots were heard near a protest in Saudi Arabia's oil-producing Eastern province on Thursday, a witness and Shi'ite activist said.
"There was firing, it was sporadic," the witness said.
The firing was interspersed with the sound of percussion bombs.
The witness said he could not see where the firing was directed at. Witnesses and activists said there were people wounded and put the number between one and four.
(Reporting by Ulf Laessing; Writing by Martina Fuchs; Editing by Martin Dokoupil)
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls