Telecom Italia boosts Tel Argentina stake
MILAN, March 10
MILAN, March 10 (Reuters) - Telecom Italia SpA (TLIT.MI) has increased its stake in Telecom Argentina (TEC2.BA) to 21.1 percent from 18.3 percent in a $145 million operation, the Italian company said on Thursday.
Telecom Italia has raised its stake by increasing its holding in Sofora Telecomunicaciones, which controls Telecom Argentina, to 68 percent from 58 percent, it said in a statement. [ID:nBIA10fee]
Telecom Italia bought the stake from local partners Wertheim, it said. (Reporting by Ian Simpson; Editing by Hans Peters)
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Winter storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South