TEPCO says pressure rises inside nuclear reactor -Jiji
TOKYO, March 12
TOKYO, March 12 (Reuters) - Tokyo Electric Power Co said pressure inside the No.1 reactor at its Fukushima-Daiichi nuclear plant has been rising, with the risk of a radiation leak, Jiji News reported on Saturday.
TEPCO plans to take measures to release the pressure, the report added. No comment was immediately available from TEPCO.
The plant's cooling system malfunctioned after a strong earthquake hit northeast Japan. (Reporting by Chisa Fujioka, Risa Maeda and Osamu Tsukimori)
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources