Blaze engulfs northeast Japan waterfront after quake
TOKYO (Reuters) - Fire engulfed a large waterfront area in northeastern Japan after a massive earthquake Friday, TV footage taken from a military plane showed.
Houses and other buildings were ablaze across large swathes of land in Kesennuma city in Miyagi prefecture, near Sendai city, public broadcaster NHK showed. The city, with a population of 74,000, has residential, light industry and fishing areas.
(Reporting by Chisa Fujioka; Editing by Edmund Klamann)
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data