Blaze engulfs northeast Japan waterfront after quake
TOKYO (Reuters) - Fire engulfed a large waterfront area in northeastern Japan after a massive earthquake Friday, TV footage taken from a military plane showed.
Houses and other buildings were ablaze across large swathes of land in Kesennuma city in Miyagi prefecture, near Sendai city, public broadcaster NHK showed. The city, with a population of 74,000, has residential, light industry and fishing areas.
(Reporting by Chisa Fujioka; Editing by Edmund Klamann)
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
Our day's top images, in-depth photo essays and offbeat slices of life. See the best of Reuters photography. See more