Gaddafi offers rebels amnesty for laying down arms
RABAT (Reuters) - The Libyan government is offering an amnesty to rebels who lay down their weapons, a Libyan state-run television channel said Friday.
Al-Shababiya channel flashed a news ticker saying "Whoever lays down weapons shall not be punished, and may God forgive them for their previous acts..."
(Writing by Souhail Karam; Editing by Tim Pearce)
- U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |
During Soviet times, Sochi gained a reputation for tolerance but the city's once vibrant gay scene has been shrinking as Russia prepares to host the 2014 Winter Games. Slideshow