US issues second post-spill drill permit in Gulf
HOUSTON, March 12
HOUSTON, March 12 (Reuters) - The U.S. government has given BHP Billiton (BLT.L) the second new permit to drill in the Gulf of Mexico since the Macondo oil spill, the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management said Saturday.
A BHP spokesman confirmed that the new permit has been issued for resumption of drilling of a production well at Shenzi.
- U.S., backed by Arabs, launches first strikes on fighters in Syria |
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- Ebola could strike 20,000 in six weeks, 'rumble on for years': study
- Euro data hits stocks, China reading soothes commodities