JX refinery fire seen originated from shipping facility
TOKYO, March 11
TOKYO, March 11 (Reuters) - JX Nippon Oil & Energy Corp, Japan's top refiner, said on Saturday the fire at Sendai refinery appears to have originated from a land oil product shipping facility, not from an LPG tank as earlier thought, following a strong quake that hit northeastern Japan on Friday.
Currently, workers at the plant are being evacuated from the refinery, and there was no work under way to extinguish the fire, a company spokesman said.
(Reporting by Osamu Tsukimori and Mayumi Negishi)
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data