France urges citizens to leave Japan's Tokyo region
PARIS, March 13
PARIS, March 13 (Reuters) - France recommended its citizens leave the Tokyo region of Japan on Sunday, citing the risk of further earthquakes and uncertainty about the situation at its damaged nuclear plants.
"It seems reasonable to advise those who do not have a particular reason to stay in the Tokyo region to leave the Kanto (Tokyo) region for a few days," a statement on the French embassy website in Japan said.
"We strongly advise our nationals not to travel to Japan and we strongly recommend delaying any voyage planned," it added. (Reporting by James Regan and Jean-Baptiste Vey)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |