Japan's TEPCO: air release starts at No.3 reactor
TOKYO, March 13
TOKYO, March 13 (Reuters) - Tokyo Electric Power Co (TEPCO) , Japan's largest electric utility, said on Sunday it had started releasing air from a reactor container vessel at the No.3 reactor of its Fukushima Daiichi power plant.
Japan's nuclear power safety agency said earlier in the day that the emergency cooling system was no longer functioning at the No.3 reactor, after the plant was damaged in a massive earthquake and subsequent tsunami on Friday.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions