Japan's TEPCO: air release starts at No.3 reactor
TOKYO, March 13
TOKYO, March 13 (Reuters) - Tokyo Electric Power Co (TEPCO) , Japan's largest electric utility, said on Sunday it had started releasing air from a reactor container vessel at the No.3 reactor of its Fukushima Daiichi power plant.
Japan's nuclear power safety agency said earlier in the day that the emergency cooling system was no longer functioning at the No.3 reactor, after the plant was damaged in a massive earthquake and subsequent tsunami on Friday.
(Reporting by Kiyoshi Takenaka; Editing by Michael Watson)
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote