Japan's TEPCO: air release starts at No.3 reactor
TOKYO, March 13
TOKYO, March 13 (Reuters) - Tokyo Electric Power Co (TEPCO) , Japan's largest electric utility, said on Sunday it had started releasing air from a reactor container vessel at the No.3 reactor of its Fukushima Daiichi power plant.
Japan's nuclear power safety agency said earlier in the day that the emergency cooling system was no longer functioning at the No.3 reactor, after the plant was damaged in a massive earthquake and subsequent tsunami on Friday.
- Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage |
- U.S. strikes Somali militant camp in bid to kill al Shabaab leader
- Marilyn Monroe sex film to be kept private |
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |