UPDATE 1-Kirby to buy K-Sea for $335 mln
NEW YORK, March 13
NEW YORK, March 13 (Reuters) - Barge operator Kirby Corp (KEX.N) has agreed to buy K-Sea Transportation Partners KSP.N, an operator of tank barges and tugboats for refined petroleum products, for $335.3 million in cash and stock.
Under the terms of the agreement, K-Sea's common stockholders will have the right to receive $8.15 in cash for each share, or $4.075 in cash plus 0.0734 of a Kirby common stock, the two companies announced on Sunday.
The price represents a 26 percent premium to K-Sea's closing price on Friday. The transaction is expected to close in the second or third quarter of this year.
(Reporting by Soyoung Kim; editing by Gunna Dickson)
- South Korea's Park says conduct of ferry crew tantamount to murder |
- Putin playing the long game over Russian kin in Ukraine
- Japan PM makes offering to Yasukuni Shrine, angers China, South Korea |
- Ukraine peace deal falters as rebels show no sign of surrender |
- UAW union withdraws objection to lost election at VW Tennessee plant