Bahrain opposition: Gulf move is war declaration
MANAMA, March 14
MANAMA, March 14 (Reuters) - Bahraini opposition groups including the largest Shi'ite Muslim party Wefaq said on Monday that any intervention by Gulf Arab forces on the Gulf island is a declaration of war and occupation.
The comments came in response to reports that Bahrain had called in forces from Sunni Gulf neighbours to put down unrest by the Shi'ite majority protesting over what they say is discrimination by the Sunni royal family. (Reporting by Frederik Richter, editing by Mark Heinrich)
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Yemeni al Qaeda says attack on hospital was mistake
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East