TEPCO completes pressure-releasing treatment on Fukushiam plant
March 14 (Reuters) - Tokyo Electric Power Co said on Monday it had completed a pressure-reduction treatment at the sole reactor nlot to have been subject to an explosion at its quake-hit Fukushima Daiichi plant by 11 a.m. (0200 GMT).
Jiji news agency said earlier in the day that water levels were falling in the No.2 reactor as the unit's cooling functions had stopped.
The company was not immediately available for comment on the latest situation of the No.2 unit.
(Reporting by Osamu Tsukimori and Risa Maeda)
- India trims perks for U.S. staff in dispute over envoy's New York arrest |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia |
- The Fabulously Entrepreneurial Life of Ronnie Biggs