TEPCO completes pressure-releasing treatment on Fukushiam plant
March 14 (Reuters) - Tokyo Electric Power Co said on Monday it had completed a pressure-reduction treatment at the sole reactor nlot to have been subject to an explosion at its quake-hit Fukushima Daiichi plant by 11 a.m. (0200 GMT).
Jiji news agency said earlier in the day that water levels were falling in the No.2 reactor as the unit's cooling functions had stopped.
The company was not immediately available for comment on the latest situation of the No.2 unit.
(Reporting by Osamu Tsukimori and Risa Maeda)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting
- Two U.S. states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones |
- NYC police say hatchet attack by Islam convert was terrorism |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |