UPDATE 1-Toyota says to halt all production in Japan until Mar 16
(Adds details, share price)
TOKYO, March 14 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Co said on Monday that it plans to suspend all production in Japan at least until March 16 following Friday's massive earthquake in northeastern Japan.
The automaker said that the planned production halt from March 14 to March 16 would reduce output by 40,000 vehicles.
Toyota has said it halted production at all of its 12 factories in Japan after the devastating earthquake and tsunami that struck the northeast coast of Japan [ID:L3E7EE0BS]
Toyota made 234,045 vehicles in January in Japan, where it produces 38 percent of its cars.
Toyota's shares were trading down 7.7 percent at 3,320 yen on Monday, while the benchmark Nikkei 225 average dropped 6.1 percent.
(Reporting by Kentaro Sugiyama; Editing by Edmund Klamann)
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
- Islamic State committing 'staggering' crimes in Iraq: U.N. report
- Hong Kong police warn protesters against occupying buildings |
- Israel's Netanyahu to Obama: Don't allow Iran deal that leaves it at nuclear threshold
- Islamic State presses assault on Syrian border town, Kurds warn Turkey |