Yahoo taps Time Inc exec for sports, other units
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Yahoo Inc has hired Ken Fuchs, an executive at Time Warner Inc's Time Inc to oversee its sports, games and entertainment online properties, the company announced in an internal memo on Tuesday.
The memo was provided to Reuters by a source who asked not to be named.
Fuchs, who the memo said was most recently vice president of digital distribution and emerging platforms at Time Inc, will join Yahoo on April 5.
Yahoo is also creating a new editor-in-chief position which will focus on "programing initiatives" including "content mix" and "social marketing" across Yahoo's various online businesses, said Mickie Rosen, Senior Vice President of Yahoo Media Network in the memo.
Yahoo was not immediately available for comment.
- iPhone comes out of a 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Scots' support for independence lags on eve of referendum |
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Fed may hint on rate-hike plan as it prepares for policy turn
- Islamic State campaign tests Obama's commitment to Mideast allies