Major damage unlikely at Japan nuke plant's No.3 reactor - Kyodo
TOKYO, March 16
TOKYO, March 16 (Reuters) - Major damage is unlikely to have been sustained at the No.3 reactor of Japan's quake-stricken nuclear power plant, Kyodo said on Wednesday, quoting the government.
Earlier, plant operator Tokyo Electric Power said the No.3 reactor was its highest priority, and a military helicopter tried to water-bomb it from the air without success.
(Created by Mark Bendeich)
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; snow heads East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media