Main Bahrain opposition Wefaq says no protest called
MANAMA (Reuters) - Bahrain's largest Shi'ite Muslim opposition group Wefaq has urged its followers to avoid any confrontation with security forces, an official in the group said Wednesday.
"Wefaq has advised people since this morning to avoid confrontation with security forces and to remain peaceful," the official said, adding that the group had not organized any protest for Wednesday.
(Reporting by Lin Noueihed, Editing by Sonya Hepinstall)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Teenager dies on Atlanta-bound flight, plane diverted
- U.S. ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video