Main Bahrain opposition Wefaq says no protest called
MANAMA (Reuters) - Bahrain's largest Shi'ite Muslim opposition group Wefaq has urged its followers to avoid any confrontation with security forces, an official in the group said Wednesday.
"Wefaq has advised people since this morning to avoid confrontation with security forces and to remain peaceful," the official said, adding that the group had not organized any protest for Wednesday.
(Reporting by Lin Noueihed, Editing by Sonya Hepinstall)
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |
- S&P500 index posts worst fall since April; indexes down for July
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Israel, Palestinian militant groups agree to three-day Gaza truce |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |