Fox network tops Tuesday rating with "Glee"
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - U.S. network Fox topped Tuesday ratings with a new episode of "Glee." The drama averaged a 4.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 10.7 million viewers followed by new episodes of comedies "Raising Hope" (2.5, 6.2 million) and "Traffic Light" (1.6, 3.9 million).
"Glee" and "Raising Hope" were down 13 percent and 7 percent respectively. But television usage overall was down 6 percent in the 8 p.m. hour likely due to the start of daylight savings time.
"The Biggest Loser Couples" (2.7, 8.0 million) propelled NBC to a second place finish, although the reality series also saw a week-to-week downturn, likely in part thanks to low TV usage. "America's Next Great Restaurant" (1.6, 3.9 million) won a non-competitive 10 p.m. hour.
CBS (1.9, 10.3 million) was third for the night with reruns of Tuesday lineup "NCIS," "NCIS: Los Angeles" and "The Good Wife."
Univision was fourth averaging a 1.7 demo rating with 4.3 million viewers.
The finale of "V" (1.8, 5.2 million) did not help ABC. The network was fifth for the night averaging a 1.3 demo rating with 4.8 million viewers. V (1.8, 5.2 million) was down 14 percent compared to last year's season ender while a new episode of "Detroit 1-8-7" (1.3, 5.8 million) was up 18 percent to place second at 10 p.m.
(Editing by Zorianna Kit)
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Advanced iOS virus targeting Hong Kong protestors -security firm
- Hong Kong democracy protesters and officials mark uneasy National Day |
- U.S. orders airlines to replace cockpit displays on 1,300 Boeing airplanes
- Japan volcano death toll likely to rise to around 46 as more victims found