Japan to continue water-bombing nuclear plant's No. 3 reactor
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan will continue dropping water from the air on the No.3 reactor of its quake-stricken nuclear power plant on Friday, the country's nuclear safety agency said on Thursday night.
In a separate statement, the Fukushima Daiichi plant's owner, Tokyo Electric Power Co, said white smoke or steam had been seen coming from the No.2 reactor.
(Reporting by Mark Bendeich)
- Disruptive Hong Kong protests loom after China rules out democracy |
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'open aggression' as rebels advance |
- Pakistani protesters clash with police, soldiers secure state TV |
- Europe holds nerve as Russia-Ukraine warnings ratchet up
- Dozens arrested at Made in America music festival in Los Angeles