Matthew Morrison plans to direct "Glee" episodes
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - "Glee" actor Matthew Morrison is a Broadway star, a TV actor and a songwriter, but soon he will add another role to his resume: director.
Morrison told THR at a TV industry event that he hopes to take on the director's role on "Glee" and said he will "definitely in the third season."
Morrison previously told THR that acting on "Glee" while recording and preparing to promote his album "is the hardest I'm ever going to work in terms of trying to be noticed and seen, so I want to push it until I'm 40. Then, I'd love to get behind the camera, produce films and be more involved in the storytelling process."
Seven and a half years shy of 40, it sounds like Morrison will get behind the camera sooner than he had hoped.
Morrison's debut album will hit the shelves in May, and his first single, "Summer Rain," was released March 8.
Fox's "Glee" returns from hiatus on April 13 at 8 p.m.
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- Judge gives go-ahead for $2 billion sale of NBA's Clippers
- Jaded Argentines brace for looming debt default