Matthew Morrison plans to direct "Glee" episodes
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - "Glee" actor Matthew Morrison is a Broadway star, a TV actor and a songwriter, but soon he will add another role to his resume: director.
Morrison told THR at a TV industry event that he hopes to take on the director's role on "Glee" and said he will "definitely in the third season."
Morrison previously told THR that acting on "Glee" while recording and preparing to promote his album "is the hardest I'm ever going to work in terms of trying to be noticed and seen, so I want to push it until I'm 40. Then, I'd love to get behind the camera, produce films and be more involved in the storytelling process."
Seven and a half years shy of 40, it sounds like Morrison will get behind the camera sooner than he had hoped.
Morrison's debut album will hit the shelves in May, and his first single, "Summer Rain," was released March 8.
Fox's "Glee" returns from hiatus on April 13 at 8 p.m.
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry |
- Special Report: How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Mediator heads to east Ukraine, seeking surrenders |