Paid-in ESM capital may be around 80 bln euros -minister
BERLIN, March 18
BERLIN, March 18 (Reuters) - German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble was quoted on Friday as saying paid-in capital of the new ESM euro bailout mechanism may be around 80 billion euros.
Schaeuble told the Sueddeutsche Zeitung that if the European Stability Mechanism, which will go into force in 2013, had this level of paid in capital, then Germany's contribution would be 22 billion euros.
However, he told the newspaper that the exact size had not yet been decided.
The ESM will have a total capacity of 500 billion euros. Euro zone leaders agreed last week that the ESM's lending capacity would be ensured through a mix of paid-in capital, callable capital and guarantees. (Editing by Leslie Adler)
- Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard: report |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- China helping locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane: TV