IAEA plans special meeting Monday on Japan nuclear plants
TOKYO, March 18
TOKYO, March 18 (Reuters) - The head of the International Atomic Energy Agency said on Friday that the U.N. atomic watchdog plans to hold an extraordinary meeting on Japan's nuclear plants next Monday.
Yukiya Amano, the head of the agency, announced plans for the meeting during a news conference in Tokyo.
(Reporting by Yoko Nishikawa; Editing by Edmund Klamann)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack
- Doctor with Ebola in New York hospital after return from Guinea
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.