IAEA plans special meeting Monday on Japan nuclear plants
TOKYO, March 18
TOKYO, March 18 (Reuters) - The head of the International Atomic Energy Agency said on Friday that the U.N. atomic watchdog plans to hold an extraordinary meeting on Japan's nuclear plants next Monday.
Yukiya Amano, the head of the agency, announced plans for the meeting during a news conference in Tokyo.
(Reporting by Yoko Nishikawa; Editing by Edmund Klamann)
- Australia leads southern search for missing Malaysian plane |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- France bans Monsanto GM maize ahead of sowing season
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Shares hit as Crimea vote to spur sanctions against Moscow |