Clinton to attend Saturday Paris meeting on Libya
WASHINGTON, March 18
WASHINGTON, March 18 (Reuters) - U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will travel to Paris to attend an international meeting on Saturday on Libya's crisis, President Barack Obama announced on Friday.
Clinton will join key European leaders and U.N. Secretary General Ban Ki-moon to discuss the next steps on Libya following the U.N. Security Council's adoption of a resolution permitting a "no fly zone" and other steps to protect rebels from the forces of leader Muammar Gaddafi.
(reporting by Andrew Quinn; editing by Philip Barbara)
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source