Samsung's display unit plans $3 bln share sale
SEOUL, March 18
SEOUL, March 18 (Reuters) - Samsung Mobile Display said on Friday that it would place new shares worth 3.4 trillion won ($3 billion) to its shareholders Samsung Electronics Co (005930.KS) and Samsung SDI (006400.KS) to boost production of next-generation mobile displays.
The 50-50 joint venture is the world's top producer of organic light-emitting diodes (OLED), a display in severe short supply due to strong demand from high-end mobile gadgets such as smartphones and tablets.
Samsung Mobile Display said the breakdown of the share placement between its parent companies had yet to be decided.
(Reporting by Miyoung Kim; Editing by Jonathan Hopfner)
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target probe looks overseas, stolen cards offered online
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |