- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- UK fighters escort Pakistan plane to airport, two arrests
- Arizona jury foreman says believed Jodi Arias was abused
- Judge rules against 'America's toughest sheriff' in racial profiling lawsuit
- Stockholm calmer but violence spreads outside Swedish capital |
Gaddafi forces bombard Benghazi again: Al Jazeera
CAIRO (Reuters) - Al Jazeera television reported Sunday that forces loyal to Muammar Gaddafi had bombarded areas of Libya's rebel-held city of Benghazi.
Citing unnamed sources, it said Gaddafi's forces fired from tanks and used rockets to strike the city. It said some residents had fled to mosques for safety.
The report could not immediately be confirmed.
The city was bombarded by Gaddafi's forces Saturday.
The Libyan government has said it was respecting a ceasefire it announced Friday and said rebels were raiding villages and towns to draw in the West.
(Writing by Edmund Blair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this