Stocks
|
Bahrain king says forces have foiled foreign plot
MANAMA, March 21
MANAMA, March 21 Bahrain's King bin Isa Al Khalifa said a foreign plot against his kingdom had been foiled and thanked troops brought in from neighbouring countries to help end increasing unrest after weeks of protests.
"An external plot has been fomented for 20 to 30 years until the ground was ripe for subversive designs ... I here announce the failure of the fomented plot," he was quoted as saying in a report issued by the state news agency BNA overnight.