U.S.: Gaddafi not target of allied military action
ABOARD AIR FORCE ONE
ABOARD AIR FORCE ONE (Reuters) - Allied military action in Libya is aimed at protecting civilians, not targeting Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi, a senior White House official said on Monday.
"It's not about regime change," the official, Ben Rhodes, told reporters on an Air Force One flight from Brazil to Chile.
- Malaysian plane still missing; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media