U.S.: Gaddafi not target of allied military action
ABOARD AIR FORCE ONE
ABOARD AIR FORCE ONE (Reuters) - Allied military action in Libya is aimed at protecting civilians, not targeting Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi, a senior White House official said on Monday.
"It's not about regime change," the official, Ben Rhodes, told reporters on an Air Force One flight from Brazil to Chile.
- Obama unveils U.S. immigration reform, setting up fight with Republicans |
- More arrests as protesters await Ferguson grand jury decision
- U.S., Iran in last-ditch bid to clinch historic nuclear deal
- 'Immoral, but not illegal': metal warehousing games in the spotlight
- U.S. House will fight Obama's immigration action: Boehner |