U.S.: Gaddafi not target of allied military action
ABOARD AIR FORCE ONE
ABOARD AIR FORCE ONE (Reuters) - Allied military action in Libya is aimed at protecting civilians, not targeting Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi, a senior White House official said on Monday.
"It's not about regime change," the official, Ben Rhodes, told reporters on an Air Force One flight from Brazil to Chile.
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- New Jersey hiker killed by black bear: police
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear program
- Islamic State urges attacks on U.S., French citizens, taunts Obama