France says Yemen president's departure inevitable
BRUSSELS, March 21
BRUSSELS, March 21 (Reuters) - French Foreign Minister Alain Juppe said on Monday the resignation of the Yemeni president was now unavoidable, as unrest there escalated and a wave of top military officers and envoys defected or resigned.
"We say this to Yemen, where the situation is worsening. We estimate today that the departure of President (Ali Abdullah) Saleh is unavoidable," Juppe told a news conference in Brussels. (Reporting by Daniel Flynn, editing by Tim Pearce)
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections